Tuesday 15 March 2016

Can I lose a stone by the end of May?

With our holiday looming and only just over two months away can I lose a stone in weight by the time we fly to Cyprus?

A little bit of a back story here. I had an over active thyroid for most of my life so I was very lucky that I could eat almost whatever I wanted and never put on a lot of weight and if I dieted it came off very easily until age kicked in and things got harder.
Since having my thyroid taken out via an operation and having to take thyroxin tablets everyday my weight has slowly increased to the point I am now at 14 stone
and 13 pound. Now to some of you that may not be much at all but as I am very slight in build the extra weight has gone straight to my stomach area so I now look all out of proportion and the beer belly look is coming.
Time to sort it out and as I am not exercise minded the exercise bike was my choice. I have tried this before and over a few months the weight really started to come off but my love for food took over again and I am back to needing to make a stand again.
I have 2 months to lose as much as possible but my goal is a stone but more would be amazing so last week I started on the bike.
I did 15km last week as a warm up and this week I am really getting into in and getting things going so last night I managed to knock out 18km which felt great and a perfect start to my weight loss and fitness program.
I am hoping to be on around 50km by the weekend and then hopefully I will get some time over the weekend to keep it going.
If I can do 100km a week I would be very happy with that and hopefully with watching what I eat I can lose the weight before the holiday.
I will keep you all posted on my weight and on the km I do over on Twitter and Facebook so be sure to follow us on either one to keep up to date.

Follow me on my mini weight loss journey and see what I can achieve.

Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment