Thursday 10 March 2016

My new obsession......

So with the amount of time I spend in my wonderful truck you get to hear quite a lot of music. Well after 10 years of this music and hearing the same tracks day in day out I thought I needed to change things up a bit and found myself googling the best podcast app for Android.

I read the reviews and settled on Pocketcasts as my app and set about downloading some podcasts. Now I had no idea there was such a selection of podcasts out there to listen too. Yes I may have been under a rock for the last 10 years but I got all I needed from YouTube and a few websites or so I thought.

I have now got myself obsessed with tech podcasts. Now if you know me that is not much of a surprise but I am listening to this stuff all day long now. Not a song in sight.

New phones, new tech, virtual reality, Google and everything in between. I am getting so absorbed into it all I feel like a proper geeky tech person now. I feel so proud!

I have also found some other podcasts about the weird and wonderful and today for instance I learnt about a worm that feeds off of whale bones and has been around longer than the dinosaurs. Usually my little fact finding missions are reserved for documentary's on Sky but now I have this my brain is getting full up with odd and strange little facts that are going to bug Franki no end and I am getting them every day.

Up until a few weeks ago I thought podcasts were for people who loved their music but after spending a few weeks searching and finding all these amazing and out there podcasts I wonder how I missed them for so long.

That is it people, my new obsession is podcasts and the more weird the better.

Do you have any recommendations for a podcast to listen to?

Drop us a comment below.

Ross & Franki


4 comments:

  1. Hey Ross,

    I'm an avid podcast listener too!

    Search for these;
    Stuff to blow your mind
    The Naked Scientists
    Astronomy Cast

    There's loads out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I nearly forgot, the Cnet podcast for the very latest Tech News

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be doing something right as I have CNET and the top two on your first list already. Off to have a look at the last one now. Thanks Des.

      Delete
    2. I must be doing something right as I have CNET and the top two on your first list already. Off to have a look at the last one now. Thanks Des.

      Delete